Monday, December 13, 2010

Twins and buses

I was walking in Swindon in order to collect my Senior bus pass when I came across an elderly lady having great difficulty in crossing the road on the icy surface. I assisted her to cross safely and she shuffled along her way. On my way out of the Council Offices I had occasion to cross the same stretch of road and immediately fell over with such force and speed that I injured my wrist and had a precautionary cast on for a couple of days. Veronicah suggested I purchase a Zimmer frame. As we have just received the joyous news that she is expecting twins next June I am challenging friends to come up with a design for a triple buggy (including James) and an attached motorized zimmer platform. At least James and I can go on the bus now to watch Swindon Town play free of charge - he is regarded as too young to pay and I'm too old! Our joy means that I'll be working until I'm 81.  

No comments: